Apple has released version 2.0.1 of their iPhone / iPod Touch software. Apple has simply stated that the update fixes some features and some bugs.
Apple hasn't posted what exactly the changes on this new version entails, but some users have discovered the following changes after installing the update:
- You can now drag an app icon across multiple pages in one motion, rather than having to drag it, drop it, pick it up again and drag it over to next page, and repeat.
- Contacts are now more responsive.
- After installing 2.0.1, each successive backup is much faster.
- Apple may have changed the calibration of the iPhone's reception "bars" while connected to a 3G network to reflect a stronger signal than before.
- Keypad loads quicker.
- Screen rotation in Safari appears to be smoother.
- Some apps may ask to be updated after the firmware upgrade.